Text: Le Roman de la Rose (Jean de Meun)

The Romance of the Rose


Overview

Found in:


Created in c. 1270

French

Author: Jean de Meun

Translator: None


Tags:

  • Allegory
  • Romance
  • Verse

Ownership Details

Chantilly MS 480 owned by Antoine de Chourses (14??-1485). Ownership Possible with Coat of Arms as evidence.

Chantilly MS 480 owned by Catherine of Coëtivy, lady of Magné (1485-1529). Ownership Confirmed with Coat of Arms as evidence.

Chantilly MS 480 owned by Catherine of Coëtivy, lady of Magné (14??-1485). Ownership Possible with Coat of Arms as evidence.

NE 246 owned by Charles d'Orleans (1408-1465). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence.

NE 246 owned by Valentina Visconti, duchess of Orleans (14??-1408). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence.

NE 516 owned by Bonne of Savoy, Lady of Piedmont (?-1432). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence.

Bib. Naz. MS L III, 28 owned by Yolande of Valois, duchess of Savoy (post-1434-1478). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence.

NE 678 (possibly KBR MS 9576) owned by John the Fearless (March 1405-1419). Ownership Possible with Inventory as evidence.

NE 678 (possibly KBR MS 9576) owned by Margaret of Flanders, duchess of Burgundy (?-March 1405). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence.

NE 936 owned by Jean de Melun, lord of Antoing (c. 1420-post-September 1425). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence.

NE 936 owned by Joan of Artois, "Damoiselle de Dreux" (?-c. 1420). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence.

NE 936 owned by Nicolas Rolin, lord of Authumes (23 June 1426-1462?). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence.

NE 936 owned by Philip the Good (post-September 1425-23 June 1426). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence.

NE 976 owned by Jean Régnier (14??-1468?). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence.

NE 976 owned by Jean, bastard of Chalon (1451-1457?). Ownership Possible with Instance of borrowing, archival mention as evidence.

NE 976 owned by Joan of Chalon, countess of Tonnerre (pre-1451). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence. Ownership Confirmed with Instance of borrowing as evidence.

BnF fr. 24392 owned by Anne of France, duchess of Bourbon (post-1474-1522). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence.

BnF fr. 24392 owned by John Duke of Berry (c. 1400?-June 1416?). Ownership Confirmed with Other as evidence.

BnF fr. 24392 owned by Marie of Berry, duchess of Bourbon (June 1416?-1434). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence.



Bibliography

Arlima