Text: Livre d'heures

Book of Hours


Ownership Details

BnF lat. 1183 owned by Agnes of Burgundy, duchess of Bourbon (1460/1465-1476). Ownership Possible with Inscription as evidence.

KBR MS 11060-61 owned by John Duke of Berry (?-1402/1403). Ownership Confirmed with as evidence.

KBR MS 11060-61 owned by John the Fearless (1404-1419). Ownership Confirmed with as evidence.

KBR MS 11060-61 owned by Margaret of Bavaria, duchess of Burgundy (1420-1424). Ownership Confirmed with Inscription as evidence.

KBR MS 11060-61 owned by Philip the Bold (1402/1403-1404). Ownership Confirmed with as evidence.

BL Add. MS 18850 owned by Anne of Burgundy, duchess of Bedford (1423-24 December 1430). Ownership Confirmed with Inscription as evidence.

BL Add. MS 18850 owned by Henry VI of England (24 December 1430-?). Ownership Confirmed with as evidence.

BL Add. MS 18850 owned by John Duke of Bedford (1423-1430). Ownership Confirmed with as evidence.

BL Add. MS 18850 owned by Louis Duke of Guyenne (?-1415?). Ownership Possible with as evidence.

BmQ MS 42 owned by Marie of Berry, duchess of Bourbon (c. 1400-1434?). Ownership Possible with Patron Portrait as evidence.

NE 27 owned by Charlotte of Savoy, queen of France (? - December 1483). Ownership Confirmed with Inscription as evidence.

NE 29 owned by Charlotte of Savoy, queen of France (? - December 1483). Ownership Confirmed with Inscription as evidence.

NE 94 owned by Charlotte of Savoy, queen of France (14??-1483). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence.

NE 121 owned by Margaret of Bavaria, duchess of Burgundy (?-1424). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence.

NE 123 owned by Margaret of Bavaria, duchess of Burgundy (?-1424). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence.

NE 125 owned by John the Fearless (14??-1419?). Ownership Confirmed with as evidence.

NE 125 owned by Margaret of Bavaria, duchess of Burgundy (1419?-1424). Ownership Confirmed with Other as evidence.

NE 125 owned by Marie of Berry, duchess of Bourbon (?-14??). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence.

NE 126 owned by Margaret of Bavaria, duchess of Burgundy (?-1424). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence.

NE 128 owned by Margaret of Bavaria, duchess of Burgundy (?-1424). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence.

NE 128 owned by Philip the Good (1424?-1467?). Ownership Confirmed with as evidence.

NE 131 owned by Margaret of Bavaria, duchess of Burgundy (?-1424). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence.

NE 132 owned by Margaret of Bavaria, duchess of Burgundy (?-1424). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence.

NE 143 owned by John the Fearless (?-5 July 1418?). Ownership Confirmed with as evidence.

NE 143 owned by Margaret of Bavaria, duchess of Burgundy (5 July 1418?-1424). Ownership Possible with Inventory as evidence.

BnF MS Smith-Lesouëf 24 owned by Antoine de Chourses (c. 1480-1485). Ownership Possible with as evidence.

BnF MS Smith-Lesouëf 24 owned by Catherine de Coëtivy, lady of Magné (1485-1529). Ownership Possible with Other as evidence.

BnF MS Smith-Lesouëf 24 owned by Catherine de Coëtivy, lady of Magné (c. 1480-1485). Ownership Possible with Other as evidence.

NE 162 owned by John the Fearless (1405-1419). Ownership Confirmed with as evidence.

NE 162 owned by Louis II of Flanders (?-1380?). Ownership Possible with as evidence.

NE 162 owned by Margaret of Brabant, countess of Flanders (?-1380?). Ownership Confirmed with Other as evidence.

NE 162 owned by Margaret of Flanders, duchess of Burgundy (1380?-1405). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence.

NE 162 owned by Philip the Good (1419-1467). Ownership Confirmed with as evidence.

NE 163 owned by Margaret of Flanders, duchess of Burgundy (?-16 March 1405). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence.

NE 164 owned by Margaret of Flanders, duchess of Burgundy (?-16 March 1405). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence.

NE 165 owned by John the Fearless (16 March 1405-1419). Ownership Confirmed with as evidence.

NE 165 owned by Margaret of Flanders, duchess of Burgundy (?-16 March 1405). Ownership Confirmed with Arms as evidence.

NE 165 owned by Philip the Good (1419-1467). Ownership Confirmed with as evidence.

NE 166 owned by John the Fearless (16 March 1405-1419). Ownership Possible with as evidence.

NE 166 owned by Margaret of Flanders, duchess of Burgundy (?-16 March 1405). Ownership Confirmed with Arms as evidence.

NE 166 owned by Philip the Good (1419-1467?). Ownership Confirmed with as evidence.

NE 167 owned by Margaret of Flanders, duchess of Burgundy (?-16 March 1405). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence.

NE 168 owned by Margaret of Flanders, duchess of Burgundy (?-16 March 1405). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence.

NE 169 owned by Margaret of Flanders, duchess of Burgundy (?-16 March 1405). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence.

NE 170 owned by Margaret of Flanders, duchess of Burgundy (?-16 March 1405). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence.

NE 171 owned by Margaret of Flanders, duchess of Burgundy (?-16 March 1405). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence.

NE 172 owned by Margaret of Flanders, duchess of Burgundy (?-16 March 1405). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence.

NE 173 owned by John the Fearless (1405-1419). Ownership Possible with as evidence.

NE 173 owned by Margaret of Flanders, duchess of Burgundy (?-16 March 1405). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence.

NE 173 owned by Philip the Good (1419-1467). Ownership Confirmed with as evidence.

NE 174 owned by John the Fearless (1405-1419). Ownership Possible with as evidence.

NE 174 owned by Margaret of Flanders, duchess of Burgundy (?-16 March 1405). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence.

NE 174 owned by Philip the Good (1419-1467?). Ownership Possible with as evidence.

NE 175 owned by Jacques Richier (?-1403). Ownership Confirmed with as evidence.

NE 175 owned by Margaret of Burgundy, duchess of Guyenne (1403-1442?). Ownership Confirmed with Other as evidence.

NE 175 owned by Philip the Bold (1403). Ownership Confirmed with as evidence.

NE 176 owned by Catherine of Burgundy, duchess of Austria (1405?-1426?). Ownership Possible with Other as evidence.

NE 176 owned by Margaret of Flanders, duchess of Burgundy (?-1405?). Ownership Confirmed with Other as evidence.

NE 177 owned by Bonne of Burgundy (?-1399). Ownership Possible with Other as evidence.

NE 177 owned by Margaret of Flanders, duchess of Burgundy (?-1405?). Ownership Confirmed with Other as evidence.

Windsor Castle MS RCIN 1142248 owned by Margaret of Burgundy, duchess of Guyenne (c. 1420-1442?). Ownership Possible with Patron Portrait as evidence.

NE 178 owned by Margaret of Flanders, duchess of Burgundy (?-16 March 1405). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence.

NE 198 owned by Isabel of Bavaria, queen of France (26 September 1397). Ownership Confirmed with Archival Mention as evidence.

NE 197 owned by Jean Dessy (?-26 September 1397). Ownership Confirmed with as evidence.

NE 197 owned by Wife of Jehan Tatien (27 September 1397-?). Ownership Confirmed with Archival Mention as evidence.

NE 199 owned by Isabel of Bavaria, queen of France (?-26 September 1398). Ownership Confirmed with Archival Mention as evidence.

NE 199 owned by Joan of Valois, duchess of Brittany (26 September 1398-1433?). Ownership Confirmed with Archival Mention as evidence.

NE 199 owned by Perrin Cauvel (?-26 September 1398). Ownership Confirmed with as evidence.

NE 201 owned by Isabel of Bavaria, queen of France (?-18 December 1399). Ownership Confirmed with Archival Mention as evidence.

NE 201 owned by Mlle de Ligne (18 December 1399-?). Ownership Confirmed with Archival Mention as evidence.

NE 115 owned by Isabel of Bavaria, queen of France (pre-1398-1435?). Ownership Confirmed with Archival Mention as evidence.

NE 115 owned by Marie of Valois, prioress of Poissy (1435-1438). Ownership Possible with Will as evidence.

NE 205 owned by Isabel of Bavaria, queen of France (pre-1398-1435?). Ownership Confirmed with Archival Mention as evidence.

NE 206 owned by Isabel of Bavaria, queen of France (October 1398-1435?). Ownership Confirmed with Archival Mention as evidence.

NE 207 owned by Isabel of Bavaria, queen of France (1401?-1435?). Ownership Confirmed with Archival Mention as evidence.

NE 208 owned by Isabel of Bavaria, queen of France (1401?-1435?). Ownership Confirmed with Archival Mention as evidence.

BnF lat. 1403 owned by Isabel of Bavaria, queen of France (1400?-1435?). Ownership Possible with Other as evidence.

NE 211 owned by Charles d'Orleans (1408?-1465?). Ownership Possible with as evidence.

NE 211 owned by Valentina Visconti, duchess of Orleans (1405-1408?). Ownership Confirmed with Other as evidence.

NE 219 owned by Charles d'Orleans (1408-1465). Ownership Confirmed with as evidence.

NE 219 owned by Valentina Visconti, duchess of Orleans (1389?-1408). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence.

NE 220 owned by Valentina Visconti, duchess of Orleans (1389?-1408). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence.

NE 221 owned by Valentina Visconti, duchess of Orleans (1389?-1408). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence.

NE 222 owned by Valentina Visconti, duchess of Orleans (1389?-1408). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence.

NE 223 owned by Valentina Visconti, duchess of Orleans (1389?-1408). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence.

BnF n.a.l. 3244 owned by Catherine d'Armagnac, duchess of Bourbon (1484-1487). Ownership Confirmed with Arms as evidence.

BnF n.a.l. 3244 owned by Joan of Valois, duchess of Bourbon (1452-1482). Ownership Confirmed with Arms as evidence.

BnF n.a.l. 3244 owned by John II of Bourbon (1482-1484). Ownership Possible with as evidence.

NE 242 owned by Valentina Visconti, duchess of Orleans (1388?-1408). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence.

NE 253 owned by Valentina Visconti, duchess of Orleans (1388?-1408?). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence.

NE 254 owned by Gabrielle de la Tour d'Auvergne, countess of Montpensier (14??-1474). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence.

NE 255 owned by Gabrielle de la Tour d'Auvergne, countess of Montpensier (14??-1474). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence.

PML MS M 677 owned by Anne of France, duchess of Bourbon (1483?-?). Ownership Possible with Inscription as evidence.

PML MS M 677 owned by Charlotte of Savoy, queen of France (1473-1475?). Ownership Confirmed with Inscription as evidence.

NE 267 owned by Gabrielle de la Tour d'Auvergne, countess of Montpensier (14??-1474). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence.

NE 281 owned by Gabrielle de la Tour d'Auvergne, countess of Montpensier (14??-1474). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence.

NE 282 owned by Gabrielle de la Tour d'Auvergne, countess of Montpensier (14??-1474). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence.

BnF n.a.l 3055 owned by John the Fearless (1???-1416). Ownership Confirmed with as evidence.

BnF n.a.l 3055 owned by Marie of Burgundy, duchess of Cleves (1416?-1463?). Ownership Possible with Other as evidence.

MMA, Cloisters MS 54.1.1 owned by John Duke of Berry (c. 1409-1416). Ownership Confirmed with as evidence.

MMA, Cloisters MS 54.1.1 owned by Yolande of Aragon, duchess of Anjou (1417-1442?). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence.

Cambridge Fitzwilliam Museum MS 62 owned by Isabella Stuart, duchess of Brittany (1442?-1494?). Ownership Confirmed with Arms as evidence.

Cambridge Fitzwilliam Museum MS 62 owned by Yolande of Anjou, duchess of Brittany (1431?-1440). Ownership Possible with Other as evidence.

Cambridge Fitzwilliam Museum MS 62 owned by Yolande of Aragon, duchess of Anjou (c. 1417?-1431?). Ownership Possible with Other as evidence.

BnF lat. 9471 owned by Yolande of Aragon, duchess of Anjou (c. 1430-14??). Ownership Confirmed with Other as evidence.

BnF lat. 1156A owned by René d'Anjou (14??-14??). Ownership Confirmed with as evidence.

BnF lat. 1156A owned by Yolande of Aragon, duchess of Anjou (c. 1435-14??). Ownership Confirmed with Other as evidence.

Chantilly MS 65 owned by Charles I, duke of Savoy (1483?-1490). Ownership Confirmed with as evidence.

Chantilly MS 65 owned by Charlotte of Savoy, queen of France (1463?-1483?). Ownership Possible with Other as evidence.

Chantilly MS 65 owned by John Duke of Berry (14??-1416). Ownership Confirmed with as evidence.

Chantilly MS 65 owned by Marie of Anjou, queen of France (1442?-1463?). Ownership Possible with Other as evidence.

Chantilly MS 65 owned by Yolande of Aragon, duchess of Anjou (1440-1442). Ownership Possible with Other as evidence.

NE 419 owned by Marie of Anjou, queen of France (14??-1463?). Ownership Confirmed with Archival Mention as evidence.

NE 421 owned by Marie of Anjou, queen of France (14??-1463?). Ownership Confirmed with Archival Mention as evidence.

ROM MS 997.158.14 owned by Joan du Peschin, lady of Giac (1405/1410-14??). Ownership Confirmed with Arms as evidence.

NE 425 owned by Anne of Burgundy, duchess of Bedford (April 1423-1432?). Ownership Confirmed with Archival Mention as evidence.

NE 425 owned by Colin de Beaune (14??-April 1423). Ownership Confirmed with as evidence.

BnF lat. 919 owned by Charles VIII of France (December 1483?-1498?). Ownership Confirmed with as evidence.

BnF lat. 919 owned by Charlotte of Savoy, queen of France (? - December 1483). Ownership Confirmed with Inscription as evidence.

BnF lat. 919 owned by John Duke of Berry (1409-1416). Ownership Confirmed with as evidence.

Unnamed Private Collection, Christie's, May 26-27, 1965, lot 195, Livre d'heures owned by Isabella of Bourbon, countess of Charrolais (1456?-1465). Ownership Confirmed with Archival Mention as evidence.

Unnamed Private Collection, Christie's, May 26-27, 1965, lot 195, Livre d'heures owned by Margaret of York, duchess of Burgundy (1468-1503). Ownership Confirmed with Other as evidence.

NE 428 owned by Margaret of York, duchess of Burgundy (post-1468-1503?). Ownership Possible with Patron Portrait as evidence. Ownership Possible with Other as evidence.

NE 449 owned by Marie of Cleves, duchess of Orleans (1472-pre-1487). Ownership Confirmed with Archival Mention as evidence.

NE 450 owned by Marie of Cleves, duchess of Orleans (pre-1455-pre-1487). Ownership Confirmed with Archival Mention as evidence.

NE 460 owned by Joan of Laval, duchess of Anjou (1459). Ownership Confirmed with Archival Mention as evidence.

NE 460 owned by Louise de Laval, Countess of Penthièvre (1460?-14??). Ownership Confirmed with Archival Mention as evidence.

NE 482 owned by Joan of Laval, duchess of Anjou (pre-1456-1498?). Ownership Confirmed with Archival Mention as evidence.

NE 483 owned by Joan of Laval, duchess of Anjou (pre-1458-1498?). Ownership Confirmed with Archival Mention as evidence.

GKS 1612 4°, fol. 1 owned by Charles the Bold (c. 1460-1477). Ownership Confirmed with as evidence. Ownership Confirmed with as evidence.

GKS 1612 4°, fol. 1 owned by Isabella of Bourbon, countess of Charrolais (c. 1460-1465). Ownership Possible with Patron Portrait as evidence. Ownership Possible with Arms as evidence.

NE 491 owned by Bonne of Berry, Viscountess of Carlat (pre-1392-1435?). Ownership Confirmed with Archival Mention as evidence.

NE 492 owned by Bonne of Berry, Viscountess of Carlat (April 1392). Ownership Confirmed with Archival Mention as evidence.

NE 492 owned by Colete d'Orlyé, Lady in waiting? (April 1392). Ownership Confirmed with Archival Mention as evidence.

NE 492 owned by Jeanne, Bastard of Savoy (April 1392-14??). Ownership Confirmed with Archival Mention as evidence.

NE 493 owned by Bonne of Berry, Viscountess of Carlat (13??-1435?). Ownership Confirmed with Archival Mention as evidence.

NE 494 owned by Bonne of Berry, Viscountess of Carlat (13??-1435?). Ownership Confirmed with Archival Mention as evidence.

NE 495 owned by Bonne of Berry, Viscountess of Carlat (13??-1435?). Ownership Confirmed with Archival Mention as evidence.

NE 496 owned by Bonne of Berry, Viscountess of Carlat (13??-1435?). Ownership Confirmed with Archival Mention as evidence.

NE 497 owned by Bonne of Savoy, Lady of Piedmont (January 1398-1432?). Ownership Confirmed with Archival Mention as evidence.

NE 500 owned by Jeanne, Bastard of Savoy (September 1398-14??). Ownership Confirmed with Archival Mention as evidence.

NE 501 owned by Bonne of Savoy, Lady of Piedmont (17 October 1398-1432?). Ownership Confirmed with Archival Mention as evidence.

NE 502 owned by Joan of Savoy, Marchioness of Montferrat (17 October 1398-1460?). Ownership Confirmed with Archival Mention as evidence.

NE 503 owned by Guillaume de Foyssi (13??-5 September 1399). Ownership Confirmed with as evidence.

NE 503 owned by Joan of Savoy, Marchioness of Montferrat (5 September 1399-1460?). Ownership Confirmed with Archival Mention as evidence.

NE 507 owned by Marie of Savoy, Duchess of Milan (14??-1469?). Ownership Confirmed with Archival Mention as evidence.

NE 527 owned by Anne of Cyprus, Duchess of Savoy (January 1434-11 November 1462?). Ownership Confirmed with Archival Mention as evidence.

NE 528 owned by Margaret of Savoy, duchess of Anjou (c. 1434-1479?). Ownership Confirmed with Archival Mention as evidence.

NE 529 owned by Yolande of Valois, Duchess of Savoy (January 1440-1478?). Ownership Confirmed with Archival Mention as evidence.

NE 530 owned by Anne of Cyprus, Duchess of Savoy (pre-1444-1462?). Ownership Confirmed with Archival Mention as evidence.

NE 531 owned by Annabella Stewart, Lady of Huntly (pre-1445-1509?). Ownership Confirmed with Archival Mention as evidence.

NE 532 owned by Charles I, duke of Savoy (c. 1478-1490). Ownership Confirmed with as evidence.

NE 532 owned by Yolande of Valois, Duchess of Savoy (c. 1478). Ownership Confirmed with Archival Mention as evidence.

NE 533 owned by Yolande of Valois, Duchess of Savoy (14??-1478). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence.

NE 535 owned by Yolande of Valois, Duchess of Savoy (14??-1478). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence.

BnF lat. 9472 owned by Yolande of Anjou, Duchess of Lorraine (post-1470-1483). Ownership Confirmed with Arms as evidence.

NE 596 owned by Blanche of Montferrat, Duchess of Savoy (16 February 1498-1519?). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence.

PML MS M 917/945 owned by Catherine of Cleves, Duchess of Guelders (c. 1440). Ownership Confirmed with Patron Portrait as evidence. Ownership Confirmed with Arms as evidence.

NE 610 owned by Margaret of Brittany, duchess of Brittany (14??-1469). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence.

NE 611 owned by Margaret of Brittany, duchess of Brittany (14??-1469). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence.

NE 612 owned by Isabella Stuart, duchess of Brittany (14??-1455?). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence. Ownership Confirmed with Arms as evidence.

NE 612 owned by Margaret of Brittany, duchess of Brittany (1455?-1469). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence.

NE 613 owned by Margaret of Brittany, duchess of Brittany (14??-1469). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence.

NE 614 owned by Margaret of Brittany, duchess of Brittany (1466?-1469). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence.

NE 614 owned by Margaret of Orleans, countess of Vertus (14??-1466?). Ownership Confirmed with Inventory as evidence. Ownership Confirmed with Arms as evidence.

Abdij Keizersberg MS 5 owned by Jeanne de Créquy, Lady of Bugnicourt (1434-14??). Ownership Confirmed with Other as evidence.

Abdij Keizersberg MS 5 owned by Jeanne de Roye, Lady of Créquy (1395-1434). Ownership Confirmed with Arms as evidence.

Abdij Keizersberg MS 5 owned by Yoland of Lalaing, Lady of Vianen (14??-1497). Ownership Confirmed with Other as evidence.

NE 605 owned by Charles the Bold (1443-1477?). Ownership Confirmed with as evidence.

NE 605 owned by Isabella of Portugal, duchess of Burgundy (1443). Ownership Confirmed with Archival Mention as evidence.

NE 605 owned by Jaqueme Lapostele, bookseller (14??-1443). Ownership Confirmed with as evidence.

ONB Cod. 1857 owned by Margaret of York, duchess of Burgundy (147?). Ownership Possible with Other as evidence.

ONB Cod. 1857 owned by Marie of Burgundy, duchess of Burgundy (147?-1482). Ownership Confirmed with Patron Portrait as evidence.



Bibliography